Saturday, November 21, 2015

incumbent

It's 1:35 am right now, by the time I finish this post it may be 2 or well after that. And no, that's not late for me... although it really should be. But hey, at least I'm sticking by the one post a week promise I made last post. 

To tell the truth, I'm a bit scared and bit nervous of posting so regularly. One, because my life obviously is not that eventful - it consists mostly of food, shopping, work and study - which really, is quite hard (sometimes impossible due to no photo rules) to document. Two, because I like to aggressively state my opinions on anything and everything, and finally three, all my life has mostly been based on performance and set standards. So I've developed extremely high expectations of everything, myself included. 

The past week has been a bit of a headache due to an array of errands I've had to run and difficult people I've had to encounter, which lead to a bit of retail therapy - my inner shopaholic had been caged up far too long. I've also realised just how serious my overthinking is, thanks to the people around me, but classifying me under anxiety disorder seems so serious and overwhelming. Could someone please clarify the fine line between overthinking and anxiety for me?



Recently, I feel like a lot of things have not been up to my standards, well at least can't justify its own price tag. This has led to the people around me always trusting my opinions; if I talk big, it's really good, and if I say it's bad, it really is. For instance, I went to a quite hyped online monogrammed leather shop was doing a popup, of course being the curious person I was, I dashed over in hopes of ticking many people off my christmas list. I even got my boss and a few colleagues very interested and wanting a full report when I got back. *I'm such a trendsetter, flicks hair over shoulder* My verdict? A little disappointed, the quality was not consistent and they only offered what seemed like 1/30 of their range. My boss even sent someone else for a second opinion (he decided they were ok enough to go through with). 

I don't even know if I'm satisfied with my blog layout and posts either actually, I'm trying my best to resist the urge to delete posts right after I write them, so I'll try and not re-read anything. If I have grammatical errors... well then. But I really am trying to figure out a layout and style I do like to write in, so do keep a look out for that. I also have plans for youtube, doing travel diaries and whatnot, lol don't worry I'll never become a beauty guru, I'm too crap at makeup and I can't sit through all that footage containing me in it. 

I'm talking big words now, so let see if I can walk the walk. Eek. Seeya sometime next week! Off to do some brainstorming for the interior of my new apartment. 

Y.


No comments:

Post a Comment