Monday, November 30, 2015

Exhausted

Whew. It's been such a hard week. 

I've never had to go through so many emotions and and annoying people in the course of seven days. Who knew I'd be such a wreck after almost 168 hours? Personal issues aside (hey I still get bullied, and probably will until the end of time), I have two stories for you! One being my missed five minutes of fame that'll have you crying in frustration with me, and the other being some of the people I encounter in store that can honestly win awards for being a shitty person. 

I'll start with the sad story so I can end on a lighter note. I'm sure all retail workers can relate when I say that some (potential) customers will attack you for the stupidest of reasons; and the ones who work in premium/ high end brands like me can reeeaallly empathise with me. It's like they don't know anyone else to vent their frustrations and anger to, so they come into a store under pretence to purchase, when all they really want is to scream or verbally abuse a stranger.


Here's two things that happened to me this week: one, I was filling out a form to send a item off to repair for a customer, there is a part that needs to be circled yes or no, depending on the customer. In this case, the first language of the customer was obviously not english. So he decides to do some selective reading, he fires up his engine and blows steam on me by attacking my "lack of english". I can't read his insists, I can't fill a form correctly, I can't do my job. A icy cold glare shut him up, but the damage was already done. I had to do the remaining hours with a dark cloud over my head. I'm extremely sensitive when someone questions my language abilities, especially when it's my first language. 

I know it's not perfect, but I feel like with the amount of recognition and praise I've received in the past almost two decades, I've developed a bit of a ego and defensiveness. Mostly against illiterate bigots and people who think they have a bit too much money and can look down on everyone else. Another was that we were discontinuing a line of products and sending them off to an outlet store. Woman walks in demanding a item, all whilst yelling at me for not contacting her or pushing her to purchase yesterday when I never seen her before, wasn't working, and the line was still available. People these days, huh.


Just recapping on these tugs at my heart and brain, but it feels a little lighter and throbs less now. Moving onto my final story...

I was invited to the Australian special filming of a show with celebrities I used to adore. When they landed in Melbourne, I didn't really care. I was over them, I repeated over and over. I went out to dinner with a light heart and my phone on silent. Four hours later, I see a message. An invitation to join filming tomorrow morning. I replied at the speed of light, but alas, it was too late. I go home with a heavy heart. The next morning I go to work with a heavy heart, not caring for the amount of security outside my house. After work, my messages are flooded with pictures of everyone spamming me with photos of them RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE AND UNI, FILMING. I cry some more internally and head home and see the trucks and security still there. My heart races, but I know from the amount of fans waiting and security, there is no way into the building. So I head home and cry myself to sleep. The end. 


Hahaha, just kidding. I am actually a bit annoyed with myself. I'm not even that much of a fan, yet still so desperate to see them. I think part of it was because I wanted to satisfy the me from two years ago, part of it being that everyone else was so excited, but mostly it was the missed opportunity to be part of a show I like.

That's all. Working on improving this blog. Kinda don't know how to code or what direction I'm taking with this yet. 

Y

No comments:

Post a Comment